Science Never Sleep

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Reflection: Video on Pregnancy

In our previous lesson on sexual reproduction, my science teacher showed my class a video on the process of pregnancy. It was quite an informative video and I had a clearer understandng of the process after watching the real thing.

Months ago, I had a video instructor who shared with us his wife's labour process. I was in awe by the whole experience. It was fascinating to know what a woman will go through during child birth. My video instructor had taken photos since his wife wsa admitted into the hospital. His intention was not to teach us biology of course, but to give us an understanding of what it will be like in the delivery room with your wife. He even taught us how to look at contraction chart and the baby's heartbeat to determine the right time to give birth.

With the prior knowledge before watching the video, I was mentally prepared for what I was viewing. I thought it was effective to make use of diagrams in relation to real life happening to describe certain process in details. They give comprehensive explanations which allows us to watch what we have been learning in the term.

I feel that reproduction in humans is a special process. It is amazing how the body of the mother and the child function so that the child is able to survive after leaving the protection of the mother's womb. The video on pregnancy not only gave us a clearer knowledge of the stages of pregnancy, but also taught us to understand the hardship that women had to go through.